Boston By Foot News
2023 Tour Season Announced
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Boston By Foot (BBF) is pleased to announce its lineup of walking tours and water-based tours for the 2023 season. Explore Boston with us on 42 different tours throughout the season, from April 1st to mid-November. Here’s a preview of what you can look forward to in the coming months!
We continue to offer six of our most popular 60-, 90- and 120-minute tours on a daily or weekly basis. These tours include:
- Beacon Hill's South Slope
- Boston By Little Feet
- The Dark Side of Boston
- Heart of the Freedom Trail
- The North End: Boston's Immigration Gateway
- Road To Revolution
Learn more about our Daily & Weekly Tours
Beacon Hill Social History Series:
Discover fascinating social history in this series of tours exploring people and places of Beacon Hill.
- Jewish Beacon Hill
- The North Slope of Beacon Hill
- Notable Women of Beacon Hill
Learn more about the tours in our Beacon Hill Social History Series
Bostonians Fight for Change Series: Feel inspired on this series of tours traveling in the footsteps of Bostonians who fought oppression and made change happen.
- Boisterous Bostonians: Riots & Protests
- Boston’s LGBTQ Past
- Road to the Vote: Boston Suffragists
- Working Women: Boston Women Find Their Voice
Learn more about the tours in our Bostonians Fight for Change Series
Literary Series: Explore the power of the pen and Boston’s literary greats across the centuries on our Literary Tour series.
- Black Voices: 19th Century Black Writers on Beacon Hill
- The Hub of Literary America
- Literary Beacon Hill: The 20th Century
- Louisa May Alcott’s Boston
Learn more about the tours in our Literary Series
Neighborhood Series: Take a closer look at the history and architectural gems of some of Boston’s unique neighborhoods.
- East Boston: Maverick Square and Beyond
- South Boston’s Broadway
- Upham’s Corner
Learn more about the tours in our Neighborhood Series
Urban Development Series: Did you ever wonder why Boston looks the way it does? Pull back the layers of Boston’s cityscape on these Urban Development tours.
- Boston Reborn: After the Great Fire of 1872
- Commonwealth Ave.
- Fort Point Channel
- Reinventing Boston: A City Engineered
- The Story of Rowes Wharf
Learn more about the tours in our Urban Development Series
MORE MONTHLY & QUARTERLY TOURS
- Art, Architecture and Gardens
- Back Bay’s Victorian Architecture
- Beacon Hill From Both Sides
- Before Boston: Shawmut Peninsula Through 1630
- Ben Franklin: Son of Boston
- Boston's Gilded Age
- Boston’s Loyalists
- Bulfinch Triangle
Learn more about our Monthly & Quarterly Tours
No BBF season would be complete without our special annual July 4th and Halloween celebrations!
- Footloose on the Freedom Trail
- Beacon Hill with a BOO!
Learn more about our Annual Event Tours
Each year, our volunteer guides create brand-new tours that are offered twice during the season – first as a pair of preview tours offered exclusively for BBF members, then later in the season as a pair of tours open to the public. Tour dates and times will be announced soon!
- Art Introspective: Copley Square to the South End
- Becoming Back Bay
- Fort Point and Seaport: The Evolution of the South Boston Waterfront
- Leather District
Learn more about our New Tours for 2023
We continue to offer our two water-based tours in partnership with The Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships and the Charles Riverboat Company.
- A Sail Through Time
- Architecture Cruise
Learn more about our Sails & Cruises
Join our community and support our work by becoming a member of Boston By Foot. Members enjoy free access to most of our programming along with other benefits.
- Unlimited free admission on most walking tours for the noted number of people*. Pre-registration is required for all tours.
- Free admission to all of Boston By Foot’s virtual programming
- Access to recordings of past Boston By Foot virtual events (upon request, subject to availability)
- Exclusive member previews of new tours before they're offered to the public
- Weekly or bi-weekly emails to keep you informed about Boston By Foot programs and activities
* Discounted admission applies to our two annual celebration tours: Footloose on the Freedom Trail and Beacon Hill with a BOO!
- Senior Membership (One Person/65 or older) - $60
- Student Membership (One Person) - $60
- Individual Membership (One Person) - $75
- Dual Membership (Two People) - $100
- Family Membership (Six People) - $150
- Patron Membership (Six People) - $200
In addition to the benefits of a Family Membership, Patron Members also receive invitations to special events and programming and special thanks in our annual report.
Membership dues are fully tax-deductible.